Sunday, January 29, 2017

Labyrinth - Day 96: New York City to Patchogue, NY

My destination today was Jon and Ethan's hometown of Patchogue, NY, which added a nice touch of coming full circle and ending with the same folks I encountered near the start. Getting to Jon's house was a little complicated due to the general bike-unfriendliness of Long Island, but after a few failed attempts to get on the bridge that would let me out of Manhattan, I made it to where I needed to be. I didn't find much occasion for photography, though, since I spent most of the day worrying more about cars than scenery.

Jon was still recovering, and had sold some astrophotography from his trip. This was the first time I saw the results of his labors, and it's genuinely awesome -- you can check out his work at circaorion.

I also met Jon's dog and two cats. In accordance with species stereotypes, the dog kept my bed warm for me while one cat tolerated my attention and the other couldn't even be bothered to come down from its perch atop the kitchen cabinets. I wouldn't want it to trouble itself on my account, of course.

After my thoughts yesterday, I found it quite rude of the sign pictured below to remind me that my trip was coming to an end.


No comments:

Post a Comment