Thursday, July 7, 2016

Mulligan - Day 34: Lander to Lander

I think most animals evaluate new objects by asking two questions: ”Can it eat me?” and immediately afterward “Can I eat it?” I woke up to a deer evaluating my stuff on the second point. Once I moved, I was elevated to a “maybe” on the first point, so it ran away. I packed up, did what I could about the pile I stepped in last night, and claimed a table at the bakery shortly after it opened. As mentioned, I ended up staying there for six hours. I *think* I didn't smell like dog poo.

I got a new chain at the local bike shop (which real cyclists apparently abbreviate as LBS), and then did nothing worth mentioning for the rest of the day. What I definitely did not do was this: stop at a McDonald's to use the WiFi (again); cycle 8 miles in the wrong direction; cycle 8 miles back to Lander; finish watching Avatar: The Last Airbender; listen to some dude describe, without a hint of irony, what types of racists make up each Native American tribe; and then head back to the city park. At least the city park is really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment